This course replaces the old “Basic First Aid for the Appointed Person” under the old Health & Safety Executive (HSE) guidelines.
On successful completion a certificate will be awarded which is valid for 3 years.
– Adsyst Training is certificated through Protrainings, our chosen compliance organisation for First Aid.
It is a one day course considered appropriate for lower risk industries, e.g. shops and offices. For higher risk industries, e.g. manufacturing, engineering and construction, the HSE recommend the full 3 day “First Aid at Work” (FAW) course is undertaken.
On completion of training, successful candidates will be able to demonstrate competence in all the subject areas listed below:
- Understanding the role of the first-aider, including reference to the importance of preventing cross infection; the need for recording incidents and actions; use of available equipment;
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- Administer: first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure); cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR); first aid to a casualty who is choking; first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding; first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds and small splinters
For more info Call us on 01252 860600 or Enquire Online